World Handicap System
at Ulverston Golf Club
General Play & Competition Rounds
How to submit a score?
After the completion of a competition round, a player has to submit their scorecard as soon as possible in order for their Handicap Index to be updated. Preferably, scores should be posted at the venue being played and on the same day, as this will be when a player’s Handicap Index will be updated.
Posting of scores is possible by players utilising the technology available at the golf club or via apps on their phones.
How to verify a score?
In order to verify a score and for it to count towards a player's handicap, it must be played:
- In accordance with The Rules of Golf
- In an authorised format of play
- Over a minimum number of holes
- With at least one other person
- On a course with a current Course Rating and Slope Rating
How your score counts towards the WHS?
Acceptable formats of play for submitting a score towards a player’s Handicap Index include:
- Pre-registered general play ‘social’ scores (known as 'supplementary scores' under the current CONGU handicap system)
- All individual competition rounds, both 9 and 18 holes, whether played at home or away
Non-Acceptable formats of play for submitting a score towards a player’s Handicap Index include:
- Scores from fourball better ball
- Scores from matchplay events